Dedicated IP refers to assigning a dedicated IP address to your website. The question What is dedicated IP can be answered better when it is compared with shared IP address. While shared IP address is a single IP address which is used of all the websites on a single web server, dedicated IP refers to a particular website. What makes it unique is that the address allows you to access your website just like your site’s domain name.
6 Reasons to Use Static IP
- High Volume Web Traffic – If you have a website that drives large volume of traffic, you should have a dedicated IP which can help maintain and increase your site loading speed and eliminate any changes that your site crashes anytime due to heavy traffic.
- SSL Certificates & Security – If you have an online store and you allow customers make purchases using their credit cards, you have to install an SSL certificate. You need to have a dedicated IP if you were to get a security certificate.
- Protection from other site activities – Having a dedicated IP means not sharing the server with other accounts (websites). Therefore, you do not have to worry about other websites running unscrupulous scripts and putting the entire server at risk.
- To boost your search engine rankings – Google gives more importance to websites with dedicated IP addresses. Especially, compared to shared IP, your dedicated IP is more likely to achieve better PageRank.
- Extending Hosting Functionality – There are many functions that can be enabled only on dedicated IP and not on shared IP, such as Anonymous FTP which allows you to use FTP programs for accessing files from your site.
- Business Identity – A dedicated IP also helps build your customers’ and prospects’ confidence in your business.
Advantages of Having a Dedicated IP
HostForLIFE.eu is Microsoft No #1 Recommended Windows and ASP.NET Hosting in European Continent. HostForLIFE.eu offers a highly redundant, carrier-class architecture, designed around the needs of shared hosting customers. The company’s prices for shared and dedicated hosting are competitive; its features and perks are robust; and its stated commitment to outstanding customer service and support is manifest in its bevy of award-winning ancillary services.